A little info and a few minutes are all we need.
Share Certificates (CDs)
"I like making money, but could you pay me less?" said no one ever. No eDCU member anyway. Unlike most investments, share certificates carry zero risk — just a guaranteed, high rate of return. And unlike banks, we don't have stockholders to pay. So we can put that money where it matters most — your pockets!
- Fixed rates, higher than regular savings
- Receive higher rates by selecting a longer term
- Dividends calculated and compounded on daily balance
- Dividends can be paid and compounded for greatest earnings
- Dividends can be paid and compounded to your eDCU savings account, checking account, or money market for immediate access
- Provides more guarantee than other risky investments
- Terms range from 12 months to 5 years
- No setup or maintenance fees
- Early withdrawals subject to penalty*
- $1,000 minimum deposit to open
*Amount of Penalty. For Term Share Certificates and IRA Share Certificate accounts, the amount of the early withdrawal penalty is based on the term of your account. the penalty schedule is as follows:
- Terms of 1 year – 180 days' dividends on amounts withdrawn
- Terms of 2 years – 270 days' dividends on amounts withdrawn
- Terms of 3 years – 365 days' dividends on amounts withdrawn
- Terms of 4 years – 455 days' dividends on amounts withdrawn
- Terms of 5 years – 545 days' dividends on amounts withdrawn
How the Penalty Works. The penalty is calculated as a forfeiture of part of the dividends that have been or would be earned on the account. It applies whether or not the dividends have been earned. In other words, if the account has not yet earned enough dividends or if the dividend has already been paid, the penalty will be deducted from the principal.
Exceptions to Early Withdrawal Penalties. At our option, we may pay the account before maturity without imposing an early withdrawal penalty when an account owner dies or is determined legally incompetent by a court or other body of competent jurisdiction.