EvergreenDIRECT Credit Union seeks enthusiastic individuals who like to work in a team environment while meeting the needs of our membership. Our employment package is competitive and attractive to individuals interested in personal growth and in building a professional credit union career.
Loss Prevention Officer / Collector
evergreenDIRECT Credit Union – Tumwater WA
We are seeking an experienced Collector to fill an immediate opening in our Tumwater office. Our Loss Prevention Officer works with members to assist them through financial difficulties while protecting the assets and interests of the Credit Union.
We are a credit union seeking to truly make a difference in our members’ financial lives and we empower our staff to make this happen. We have seen tremendous success over the past several years and we need to find the right candidate to build on this success. We are looking for someone who shares our creative spirit in all we do to support our mission.
eDCU is a fun place to work, but we work hard. This position offers 401K, medical, dental, performance incentives and more.
Essential Job Functions include;
- Monitor delinquent and overdrawn accounts to determine appropriate action
- Initiate and respond to correspondence from members
- Negotiate payment arrangements and take payments by phone
- Assign collateral for Repossession when necessary and manage collateral through sale process.
- Process Loan Modifications, TDRs and hardship requests
- Process all Bankruptcy correspondence and take appropriate actions on behalf of the CU
- Assign charged off debts to third party collection agency
- Other duties as assigned
We need someone with an established skill level. We have the following requirements:
- One to three years of similar or related experience within a Financial Institution
- Must have knowledge of federal and state regulations to include FDCPA and FCRA, and understanding of credit and underwriting evaluation
- Knowledge of Bankruptcy and Repossession laws and processes
- Experience with Skip Tracing tools such as Accurint
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
- Equivalent to a high school education
- Display courtesy, tact, and diplomacy with current and potential members, peers, and staff
- Proficient with standard office equipment Excel, MS Word, and Outlook
Hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Flexibility to these hours can be available.
If you have proven experience and the desire to work hard toward meeting our mission, we want to talk to you. Please send your resume with a letter of interest outlining your unique qualifications to [email protected], fax to 360-943-6065 or mail to PO Box 408, Olympia, WA 98507.
evergreenDIRECT Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Pre-employment screening for final candidates to include:
- Credit check; results should demonstrate financial responsibility.
- Background Check
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class. We maintain a drug free workplace.