Signs of Identity Theft
Many people don’t know they’ve become victims of identity theft until they’re contacted by a financial institution. Don’t rely on others to notify you that your information has been stolen. Know what to look for. Early detection can help limit the damage done by an identity thief. Here are indicators that you may be a victim.
- You notice errors or unfamiliar transactions on your bank and/or credit card accounts.
- Your credit report includes unfamiliar accounts or charges.
- Your credit report contains inquires made by businesses in response to applications for credit, loans, or services you did not initiate.
- You received collection notices or calls about a debt that isn’t yours.
- You have a good credit rating but are denied credit in response to an application.
- Your checks are refused by merchants.
- Bills, statements, or other expected mail or email doesn’t arrive.
- You get bills for accounts you didn’t open or medical services you didn’t receive.
- Your health insurance responds to your legitimate medical claim with a notice that your benefits limit has been reached.
- Your medical records report a condition you do not have.
- You are notified by the IRS that you have income from an employer unknown to you or that more than one tax return was filed with your Social Security Number.
- You are notified of a data breach at a company that involves your information.
But we have great news: you can get all the protection you need for your personal and financial data with Kasasa Protect™. It’s a one-stop-shop for keeping your information safe, complete with 24/7 credit monitoring, identity restoration services, and much more. Exclusive pricing for all evergreenDIRECT Credit Union Kasasa checking account holders — $7 per month; All other checking account holders — $10 per month. Activate Kasasa Protect today for more peace of mind by calling 360-943-7676 or 800-327-4286 and a credit union representative can sign you up.
December is National Identity Theft Prevention and Awareness Month. Pick up your copy of Identity Theft: Protect Yourself, Know What To Do at one of our financial centers and enter to win a FREE one year identity monitoring Kasasa Protect™ subscription.
Reference: Identity Theft: Protect Yourself, Know What To Do